Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st grade!








Derek and Blake started 1st grade last Thursday. It is a difficult transition for me (but I've eased my pain with shopping therapy and some pampering) but they are doing okay. We had a little bug go thru our family last week and Derek got sick the day before school started but being the total suckers that we are, we let him go to school. So things were a little rough because he started feeling bad at school. But he was sooooo anxious to be there.

First grade is so much more intense than when I was in elementary. They have 3 classes each day and they have to change classes. So I've been walking them in the school to their classes but Blake is already giving me the brush off this week saying he's got it!

I'm sure it will be a great year. They love their classes and teachers and seeing their friends again. I'm still not quite sure what to do with myself in the afternoons while the babies are asleep and the boys are still at school. Right now I'm giddy and running in circles. The second the babies go down my plan for whatever I was going to accomplish is out the window. But hopefully I'll settle down and start to use this time well.

Derek choose to wear a BYU Football shirt on his first day at school. The funny part about this is that he claims that he doesn't like BYU football. He says this mostly to spite Brent. He gets a lot of pleasure out of rooting for the other team, whoever they are. He also likes Red and Orange better than blue.

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute pictures. I can't believe how fast kids grow up. :) Enjoy your time when you can relax and get things done. I can't wait to see you at motor skills class!

    ReplyDelete